Follow our easy tutorial to download and install Pokemon GO to your Kindle Fire or Amazon Fire tablet. This tutorial will show you how to download the Google Play Store to your tablet and install Google Maps (you will need this to run the game correctly) and Pokemon GO. You do not need to root your device. This is confirmed working for the $50 Amazon Fire tablet and should work for all Fire devices running Fire OS 5 Bellini.
How-to Install Pokemon GO to the Kindle Fire/Fire Tablet
1. Go to Settings > Security > and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources (the option may be found under Settings > Applications on older devices)
2. Download the latest Google Services Framework .APK file here:
3. Open the .APK file and hit Install
4. Download the latest Google Play Services .APK file here:
6. Download the latest Google Account Manager .APK file here:
7. Open the .APK file and hit Install
8. Download the latest Google Play Store .APK file here:
9. Open the .APK file and hit Install
10. Restart your tablet
11. Open Google Play (it can take a few minutes to load)
12. Download and install Google Maps
13. Download and install Pokemon GO
14. Go to Settings > Wireless > Location-Based Services > and turn off Location-Based Services
15. Launch Google Maps and press on the current location icon
It should prompt a Use location? pop-up (this may also pop-up automatically when you launch Google Maps). Press Yes.
You should now see your location in Google Maps. Exit Maps and now run Pokemon GO!
Note: In order to play Pokemon GO on the Fire tablet, you will always need to be connected to the Wi-Fi, therefore limiting your ability to catch Pokemon anywhere. We suggest you tether off someone’s phone, go to public areas with free Wi-Fi, or use incenses to attract Pokemons towards you.
Parse Error: If you are getting a parse error while installing any of the Google Play services to your tablet, this can mean the file is corrupted or your OS may be too old. To fix a corrupted file, please try re-downloading the file. If your OS is too old, you will need to update your OS to the latest version, however keep in mind that some older devices cannot be updated to a compatible OS. Your device needs to be on Fire OS 5 (Bellini). Check your device’s compatibility here (scroll down to the chart at the bottom and check if your device can run Fire OS 5).
Failed to Detect Location: Turn off “mock locations”. Please note that this is turned off by default and you will need to enable Developer Options to access this option.
How-to Turn Off Mock Locations:
1. Go to Settings > Device Options > and press on Serial Number 7 times – Developer Options should now appear
2. Go to Developer Options and turn off Allow mock locations
“GPS Signal Not Found” Error: Turn off “Location-Based Services” and launch Google Maps. You should be prompted to “Use location”, hit “Yes”. If you did not get the pop-up, hit the detect location button and you should be prompted to “use location”. You should now be able to see your location on Maps. Exit and launch Pokemon GO. If you are still getting the error, go to “Location-Based Services” and make sure it is turned on for Play Services, Maps, and Pokemon GO .
“Our servers are experiencing issues. Please come back later.:” Check if the Pokemon GO servers are down just for you or everybody, here.
Known Bugs: AR Mode does not work.
If you were able to successfully install and run Pokemon GO, please let us know in the comments below. If you were not able to get the game running, please let us know as well. Please include your device in your comment.